MBBS in Russia
MBBS in Russia has an old history and repute in the field of Medical Education and Training.MBBS in Russia becomes possible just because of Russian Medical Universities thatmake it possible by providing high quality and practical medical education. WHO hasapproved more than 50 Medical universities for MBBS in Russia. Out of which 30universities rank in the first 100 out of the overall world's best medical universities list. It also helpsstudents to make the best choice to do MBBS in Russia.
The fee structure of MBBS in Russiais very much affordable and comfortable if we compare it to Indian Medical Universities andprivate colleges. Any student from India can take admitted directly to MBBS in top MedicalUniversities of Russia without any additional entrance exams other than NEET- NationalEligibility cum Entrance Exam conducted by NTA - National Testing Agency in India.In the last two decades, Russia has become the most preferred medical destination for Indianstudents to do MBBS in Russia.
It is only possible just because of the very low fee structure ofRussian Universities are Russian Government-sponsored and the fact is that the feeover there in Russia is lower than in Indian Universities. Also, no entrance exams to getadmission to medical universities in Russia to attract Indian Students who are willing to do MBBS in Russia.
HIGHLIGHTS OF MBBS COURSE IN RUSSIA
Russia is the most reliable country for pursuing MBBS. Pursuing MBBS from Russia has been the first choice of most of the Indian medical students. There are several reasons behind choosing Russia for higher studies. Some of the best highlights of MBBS in Russia are:
● Russia offers an MBBS degree (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) in 6 years.
● Syllabus of MBBS is very similar to that of the Indian syllabus of MBBS.
● The medium of study is in the English language.
● The average expense of pursuing MBBS in Russia is in the range of 15 lakh to 50 lakhs. This includes both tuition fees and accommodation charges.
● Most of the colleges are NMC and WHO approved.
● All the medical colleges have highly qualified professors and skilled doctors.
● Russian medical colleges have excellent technological laboratories and research departments.
● Most of the medical colleges offer internships in big brand hospitals.
● Some of the top medical universities facilitate excellent placements also.
WHY TO CHOOSE RUSSIA FOR MBBS
- World Ranking: Russian medical colleges hold a good rank amongst worldwide medical colleges. Russian medical colleges have secured top 30 rank in World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS). Russia is also a top 8th medical study destination.
- Affiliation: The next most important factor while choosing any country for MBBS is their affiliation & recognition. All the medical colleges of Russia are recognised by governing bodies like WHO (World Health Organization) and NMC (National Medical Commission) etc.
- Advanced Education: level of medical education in Russia is very good. The laboratories of medical colleges are highly developed. Medical education in Russia is world known and holds a great international reputation. Advanced technology is used for imparting knowledge to the students.
- Subsidy in Fees:The Indian government offers a good amount of subsidy on the tuition of Russian medical colleges. This enables more students with low finances to pursue MBBS.
- Statistics of MCI screening exam: percentage of graduated students from Russia clearing MCI screening exam is very high. A great conceptual knowledge and strict educational rules enables a large number of students to clear the MCI screening exam every year.
- Internship Facilities: Russian medical colleges offer great internship facilities to all students enrolled in MBBS. Russia has many big brand hospitals. Therefore students get a chance to practice in internship time period with big hospitals.
- Duration of MBBS: total duration of MBBS in Russia is 6 years. These 6 years involve both theoretical and practical sessions. Internship period is also included in these 6 years
- Fees & total expenses: The tuition fees of Russian medical colleges are very low and affordable. On an average a total expense of each year of MBBS in Russia is around 3 lakhs to 5 Lakhs.
- Accommodation & Food Facilities: Russian medical colleges have good accommodation facilities. They also provide excellent mess facilities. Comforting rooms and provision of Indian meals in mess are the key features of Russian medical colleges.
- Russia as a country: Russia is a highly developed country. This technically developed country has excellent educational facilities. Every year several hundred Indian students migrate to Russia to pursue MBBS. The weather conditions are very favorable to Indian students. The locals of Russia are very friendly towards Indian students. The political relations between Russia and India are very good. This ensures great safety to Indian medical students in Russia.
MBBS IN RUSSIA VERSUS MBBS IN INDIA
All the medical aspirants do a good level of research before applying for MBBS in Russia. There are many reasons why Indian medical students rush to another country to pursue MBBS. Some of the doting comparison between Russian medical education and Indian medical education are as follows:
||1. 50% marks in Intermediate.
2. Biology, Physics & chemistry as main subjects in intermediate
3. Minimum age 17 years
4. Valid NEET score card.
|1. 50% marks in Intermediate.
2. Biology, Physics & chemistry as main subjects in intermediate
3. Minimum age 17 years
4. Valid NEET score card.
|NO. of Seats
||There are very limited seats in both government & private medical colleges.
||High number of seats in Russian medical colleges for Indian students.
||8 lakh to 12 lakh in case of government college (complete course)
50 lakh to 1 crore in case of private medical college (complete course). This may vary up to 1.5 crore also
|The total expense of a complete course in Russia is around 15 to 40 lakhs.
||Indian medical colleges have an idealistic and more theoretical approach in their syllabus. This needs frequent revisions.
||Russian medical colleges have research based syllabus and more emphasis given to practical and hand on knowledge.
||The total duration of MBBS in India is 5.5 years
||The total duration of MBBS in Russia is 6 years
|Medium of education
||There is no requirement to qualify any exam to practice within India. But to practice in the USA or UK, students need to clear USMLE and PLAB.
||To practice in India students need to qualify MCI screening exam and to practice in USA or UK, students must have qualified USMLE or PLAB.
|Donation or hidden fees
||In India some specific colleges require hefty amount of donations.
||Russian medical colleges do not require any kind of donation or any hidden charges in the name of admission fee.
ADVANTAGES TO STUDY IN RUSSIA FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
- The country is famous for giving in-depth and fundamental
knowledge in all subjects to students. But Russia is well known for its academic schools
in Physics, Maths, and natural sciences.
- There are almost 896 universities as Russia is the largest
country in the world. There are 205 fields of study and 657 subjects in Bachelors.
Masters and other programs.
- Preparatory programs are also offered by Russian
universities like training for enrolment on Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Specialist Degree
courses, short courses like a single term in Russia, summer schools, professional
development, and additional vocational training.
- Students can get a high-quality education at the lowest
- Eligible international students can get opportunities to
apply for scholarships that are offered by the Russian government.
- Most of the universities in Russia offer different courses
which are taught in English.
The total package of MBBS in Russia is around 15-50 lakh. On an average per year expense (including tuition fee & accommodation) is 3-4 lakh. The total expense of Indian medical college is around 5 to 6 times that of Russian medical college. So there is a visible difference in fees of two countries' medical colleges. The tuition fees also have a provision of subsidy offered by the Indian government. The other expenses apart from the tuition fees i.e. the accommodation and meal charges, those are also affordable and very economic.
Therefore, pursuing MBBS in Russia is very feasible in terms of fees and total expenses. The daily and other miscellaneous expenses are also very feasible and low. Due to the large number of Indian students, the environment of Russian cities is very comforting and friendly for Indian students. The nominal fees and great education makes Russia a prior choice of Indian medical aspirants to pursue MBBS.
- 1. Initially candidates need to fill an online application form. While filling this form candidate have to submit the application fee known as registration fees.
- 2. This registration is submitted through a demand draft favoring the name of the university. The scanned copy of the demand draft is uploaded on the concerned college’s admission portal.
- 3. This application will be reviewed by the university and if the application is selected then the candidate will receive an acceptance or admission letter.
- 4. This admission letter will confirm the seat of the candidate in the college.
- 5. On the basis of this admission letter, the candidate needs to apply for a visa invitation letter. This invitation letter is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
- 6. The next step is to apply for a visa after receiving a visa invitation letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
- 7. Issuance of visa will confirm the date if traveling to Russia
- 8. Intake of students starts in the month of July & August.
- 9. simple steps will fulfill your dream to fly to Russia for higher education.
ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- Scanned copy Mark sheets of 10th and 12th.
- Scanned copy of 10th passing certificate.
- Duly filled application form
- Score card/ result of NEET exam
- 12 color photographs (passport size)
- Valid passport
- ID proof (Adhaar card, driving license, PAN)
There are plenty of advantages to studying MBBS in Russia. One of the most important reasons is the less amount of money needed to study MBBS in Russia. The quality of education provided in medical colleges of Russia is astounding. Less documentation is required and the whole procedure of admission is very simple. Top MBBS colleges of Russia provide great placement to the graduates in big brand hospitals. Medical colleges in Russia award an international degree of MBBS to candidates which is appreciated and recognized across the world.
Statistics of graduates qualifying MCI screening: Statistics of graduates from medical Colleges of Russia is very high. This proves that the quality and standard of education is extremely great which promises you a bright and successful future. There are a lot more other countries offering MBBS but the quality of education and the conceptual knowledge imparted by Russian medical colleges has no comparison. The percentage of qualifying MCI screening from other country’s graduates is not very good. As MCI screening exam gives permission to practice in India, this is very important for all Indian students to qualify it. MBBS in Russia gives you a higher level of knowledge by which you can easily crack this exam
Russia is the best alternative to pursue MBBS at an affordable cost. Over the last many years, many students have taken the degree of MBBS in Russia. Their precious feedback is the backbone of the basis of considering Russia for MBBS by the Indian students. MBBS in Russia is commonly known as MD (Doctor of Medicine) which is recognized as MBBS in India. The add-on advantage of pursuing MBBS in Russia is that this degree is fully valid across the world
The graduates from Russian medical colleges are earning a hefty amount of money and also working in renowned hospitals. Candidates can also work in Russia after completion of the course. Many Russian graduates are earning in lakhs per month. A hard work of 6 years will take you to the success limits of the sky. If you are willing to touch the heights of success the Navchetana International Education will help you in every way possible. We will assist you and guide you in selecting a good medical college. Our team will counsel you and also help in finding your city and college of interest. Navchetana International Education has collaboration with many Russian medical colleges. We believe in a transparent admission and documentation process. Our strict and ethical policies will take you to higher level of success.
AFFILIATION & RECOGNITION
One of the very important factors before selecting a medical college is to review its affiliation. A proper affiliation and recognition amongst the world's medical universities is quite an important part. Russia has a total of 70 plus medical colleges. Out of these 70 medical colleges 20 - 25 colleges have world grade reputation. Russian medical colleges are affiliated to NMC (National Medical Commission) and WHO (World Health Organization) etc. Most of the colleges in Russia have secured good rank in the World's Directory of Medical Schools.
SYLLABUS AND CURRICULUM
The foremost requirement of any student before taking admission is to gather the information about the educational standards. Russian medical universities are known for their crisp and excellent design of syllabus. The curriculum is in English language and in the first year of MBBS course history of Russia has been taught which may include some part in Russian language but rest of the course is in English only. The technical concepts one can develop after completing the course are very strong due to good and gripping teaching at the universities. Graduates from Medical colleges of Russia have the highest probability of clearing MCI screening test
Russian medical universities offer great internship facilities. Russia has excellent hospitals and medical institutions. Medical colleges in Russia provide excellent internships to all the students pursuing MBBS. Outstanding practical and demonstrative knowledge imparted during these internships. Russian medical colleges ensure to provide great hands-on experience to students before they start practicing their skills. Many medical colleges have collaborations with big hospitals. These hospitals directly accommodate students after their pre final year for internship purposes. Russian colleges have collaboration with other European country’s medical colleges which enables meritorious students to pursue their internship in these countries also.
ACCOMMODATION & OTHER FACILITIES
All the medical colleges of Russia offer good accommodation and food facilities. Medical colleges have good hotels and mess. Comforting rooms equipped with all facilities are the major key factors of Russian medical colleges. They also have a scope of Indian meals which makes it suitable for Indian students to live comfortably. Because of the higher number of Indian students in Russia, the accommodation and food facilities are as per taste of Indian students. There is a large number of Indian students studying in Russia due to which the hostel and mess arrangements are done in a way to make Indian students feel like home. Hostels are fully furnished and veg/non veg both servings are done in a mess.
There are many scholarships offered to international students to waive off their tuition fees. Some of the popular scholarships are:
The Government of Russian Federation Scholarships: This scholarship is offered to those who wish to study in Russia. This scholarship covers the tuition fees and other maintenance fees.
Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship: This scholarship is designed especially for those who have scored extremely good marks in their intermediate exam and opt Russian language for study. This scholarship covers maximum expenses.
SRAS (School of Russian and Asian Studies): This scholarship is for US based students. But students from other countries can also apply for the same. Candidates must have an excellent academic record to get this scholarship.
LIFE OF INDIAN STUDENTS IN RUSSIA
Russia as a country is a fast growing and developed country. It has high end technologies and a well-developed culture. Russia always welcomes International students wholeheartedly. Russia is very safe for Indian students due to great political connections between India and Russia. Every year several thousand students travel to Russia for higher education. Due to the heavy rush of Indians in Russia, Russia is a very comfortable country for Indians. Russia does have Indian restaurants. The locals of Russia are very friendly towards Indian students
Medical colleges of Russia have a pretty good ratio of Indian students. In recent decades the migration of Indian students to Russia has also increased. This increment indicates an excellent and comfortable lifestyle of Indian students in Russia. The communication language in Russia is basically the Russian language but most of the citizens know English so it is easy for students to communicate. The alumni feedback of graduates from Russia also had wonderful experiences of living in Russia. So if you are planning to study in Russia then get ready to explore a diverse culture of Russia with marvelous experience.
TOP MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN RUSSIA
The complete duration of studying MBBS in Russia is around 6-7 years. The selection of a good medical university depends upon the ranking of the college, development status of laboratories, student to teacher ratio, and the percentage of graduates clearing the MCI screening exam. To study MBBS in Russia, keep all the above factors in mind and then make the decision of studying medical in Russia. We provide good assistance to you in selection of college and also in other proceedings of admission.
THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR MBBS IN RUSSIA FOR INDIAN STUDENTS IS AS FOLLOWS :
- Nationality: Indian.
- Student must be 17 years old and above.
- Students should have passed 10+2 (Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English) from any recognized
Board of India or abroad.
- Minimum 50% aggregate of PCB combined.
- NEET (National eligibility cum entrance test) is mandatory.
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheet.
- Valid Passport
- minor certificate
- HIV test
- NEET eligibility certificate
- sponsor agreement
- 6 months bank statement with minimum 4 lakh balance
1.Can Indian students’ study MBBS in Russia?
Yes, Indian students can study MBBS in Russia. The basic criteria for applying for MBBS in Russia is 50% marks in intermediate and a valid NEET score card. If the candidate possesses above criteria, then he/she can study MBBS in Russia. Russia has good facilities for Indian students because the percentage of Indians is very high in Russia. Medical colleges have an easy admission process. The visa processing also takes place early in case of Russia. MBBS in Russia is very famous amongst Indians. Russia is a desirable destination for Indian medical students. Indian Medical aspirants have a great record of Pursuing MBBS in Russia. Pursuing MBBS in Russia will provide you with immense world class experiences.
2.Which are the best medical universities for MBBS in Russia?
Russia has the best medical education amongst all other countries. Russian medical colleges are renowned and hold good rank in the World ranking system of medical education. Some of the top medical universities of Russia are:
● Bashkir State Medical university
● Crimea state medical university
● Kazan federal university
● Volgograd state medical university
● Orel state medical university
● Belgorod state medical university
● People Friendship University, Moscow
All of the above medical universities hold the top rank amongst all other universities in Russia. Excellent infrastructure, great educational facilities and high technological laboratories are the attractive features of these medical universities of Russia. Russian medical universities have secured top 30 rank in World’s Directory of Medical School (WDOM).
3.How many years are required to complete MBBS from Russia?
The exact duration of pursuing MBBS in Russia is 5 years 8 months which usually extends to 6 years. This duration may extend up to 7 years if the student selects Russian language as the study medium. One extra year is for language training. The 6 years duration of MBBS involves both theory and practical classes and one year of internship also. The internship time period may vary from 10 months to 15 months. MBBS in Russia is a 6 year program which gives you outstanding international exposure. Some countries offer MBBS in 5 years or 8 years also, but there is a vast difference in the teaching and education patterns of those countries. Russia offers MBBS in 6 years but these years will train students completely to practice as a doctor single handedly.
4.What are the advantages of studying MBBS in Russia?
There are many advantages to pursuing MBBS in Russia. Most of the Indian students struggle with the high competition in India as well as extremely high fees of MBBS. MBBS in Russia offers high educational standards at very affordable fees. In addition to this, the medical colleges also provide good internship facilities. Russia has one of the best medical education across the world. The degree of MBBS from Russia is recognised around the globe. The conceptual knowledge candidate will get after graduation is incomparable. A high percentage of students graduated from Russia qualify the MCI screening exam. Students after completing MBBS can also practice in Russia. There are countless advantages of MBBS in Russia which is the main reason behind selection of Russia for pursuing MBBS.
5.Is neet necessary for MBBS in Russia?
Yes, a valid NEET score card is necessary to get admission in a Russian medical college. NEET score card is valid for 3 years. Students with valid NEET score card can apply to any medical university or college of Russia. Before 2018 there was no need for this NEET score card. At that time Russian universities had their own entrance exam. But to maintain uniformity, the Russian medical council has removed the concept of individual university entrance exams and implemented a universal valid NEET score card rule for all Indian students. Now Indian students must have qualified the NEET exam to get admission in a Russian medical university. This rule has improved the transparency in the admission process of Russian medical universities.
6.Is MBBS in Russia better than in India?
MBBS in Russia offers the best medical education at very affordable fees. Both countries have their advantages and disadvantages. Talking about studying from Russia, it will provide international exposure and a degree of MBBS which is recognized and accepted globally. Russia has better developed laboratories than India. Russian medical universities have high end technologies for imparting knowledge to students. MBBS in Russia is very famous around the world. Russia has a record of exporting the best doctors to the world. Russian medical universities are renowned and offer the best education and practical skills to students. The hands-on experience in the field of medicine is necessary. Russian universities are known to impart best hands-on experience to the upcoming doctors.
7. What is the scope after completing MBBS in Russia?
There are immense opportunities after completing MBBS from Russia. Graduated students are earning a hefty amount of money. Candidates can practice in Russia as well as pursue post-graduation also. Graduated students from Russia easily qualify the MCI screening exam, which gives them permission to practice in India. The alumni of Russian medical colleges are working with renowned hospitals. Some of the top universities of Russia also provide excellent placement to medical graduates. Students may also opt for post-graduation from Russia or India. The career or future prospects are very bright after completion of MBBS from Russia. The amount you will invest in education will revert back to you in the initial years of your practice as a doctor.
8.What is the cost of studying MBBS in Russia?
The total cost of pursuing MBBS in Russia is around 5 -50 lakhs, depending upon the college you choose. On an average per year expense is 3 lakhs which involves both tuition fees and accommodation charges. There is no comparison between Indian medical education fees and Russian medical education. Russia has highly developed colleges. Pursuing MBBS in Russia is not only a feasible option but also a great alternative to get an internationally acclaimed degree. The overall cost of MBBS in Russia is less than the 3 years fees of private Indian medical colleges. Government Indian medical colleges have low fees but the competition level is extremely high. Therefore, Russia is an outstanding option to pursue MBBS in 5-50 lakh rupees.
9.Is MBBS in Russia a good option for Indian medical students?
Yes, studying MBBS in Russia is the best option one can have. Russian medical universities offer excellent education at very nominal fees. Indian medical education has limitations of seats and extremely high fees. Candidates with a low budget can pursue MBBS in Russia at low cost and get a globally recognized degree. Since ages, Russia has been the primary choice of Indians for pursuing MBBS. Russia is a reliable country and ensures the safety of Indian students as well. Most of the Indians who are not financially able to give medical education fees in India prefer Russia for higher education. So, Russia is an excellent option for Indian medical students both education wise as well as money wise.
10.What is the duration of MBBS in Russia?
The exact duration of pursuing MBBS in Russia is 5 years 8 months which usually extends to 6 years. This duration may extend up to 7 years if the student selects Russian language as the study medium. One extra year is for language training. International students mostly choose English as the medium of study, therefore for them MBBS in Russia is of 6 years. Very few students select Russian language as their mode of study, this not only increases their 1 year of duration but also makes it difficult to study medical technologies in Russian language. Indians always choose English so the duration of MBBS is 6 years with internship. After this they can go for post-graduation which is of 2 years.
11. Is a degree of MBBS from Russia valid in India?
Yes, the degree of MBBS from Russia is valid in India but candidates need to qualify the MCI screening exam to practice in India. Soon this screening exam is going to be a compulsory part for the students graduating from India also. Currently this screening exam is known as FMGE which will be replaced by Next exam in coming years. The value of the degree of MBBS from Russia is very high. From the last many decades several thousand Indians had moved to Russia for MBBS. Most of them are working with big hospitals or practicing privately. MBBS in Russia is most popular amongst Indians in comparison to other countries. Degree of MBBS from Russia holds recognition globally.
12. What is the process of taking admission to MBBS in Russia?
The steps of admission are very simple and straight.
● The procedure starts with filling an online application form with scanned copies of testimonials (10- & 12-mark sheets, NEET score card, one photograph)
● University will review the application form and revert back an acceptance letter if the candidate’s application is selected.
● On the basis of this admission letter or acceptance letter candidates need to apply for a visa invitation letter.
● The Ministry of the Russian Federation will issue a visa invitation letter.
● After receiving this visa invitation letter, candidates can apply for a visa
● Issuance of visa will confirm the dates of traveling to Russia.
Follow these simple steps and fulfill your dream of pursuing MBBS in Russia. Easy admission process and Hussle free documentation procedures attracts many Indians towards pursuing MBBS in Russia.
13. Is a mess facility available for Indian students in Russia?
Yes, there are excellent mess facilities offered by the Russian medical colleges. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food is being served in a mess. Great food facilities are provided by the medical colleges for international students. Almost all the colleges have the facility of mess. Some of the colleges also offer the facility for self-cooking. In this case they provide a kitchen where students can cook the food of their choice. The mess and accommodation facilities of Russian medical colleges are outstanding. Due to higher migration of Indian students to Russia, this country has great arrangements for Indians. This country has plenty of good options for food if you are not comfortable with mess meals.
14. Is the MBBS course in Russia the same as in India?
The content of the syllabus is the same but the methodology of teaching and imparting knowledge is very different. Russian medical colleges emphasize more on practical knowledge. From second year onwards, both theory and practical classes run simultaneously. A good teacher to student ratio keeps a good grip of teacher on student. This helps students to interact more with the teacher. The pedagogy of teaching and learning facilities of medical colleges in Russia is very different from India. Because of highly developed laboratories, students spend more time in demonstration classes. This not only enhances their hands-on experience but also gives them a more clear idea about the depth of medical know-hows. Russia is an ultimate choice of pursuing MBBS.
15. How many times can give the NMC Test?
A candidate can take unlimited attempts for the NMC Screening exam. There is no limit set for the same. This exam is conducted twice a year by NMC and candidates may appear for this exam after completion of MBBS degree for an unlimited number of attempts. Students returning with an MBBS degree from abroad need to clear this screening exam. A higher number of students travel abroad every year and students seek more attempts to clear the NMC exam. Therefore, there is no limit to appearing in the NMC screening exam. Some of the students clear this exam in their first attempt while some require more chances. So keeping in view all categories of students, there is no limit for appearing in the NMC screening exam.